If you’re anything like me, you have debated the perfect color for your bedroom (bathroom, kitchen … really all the rooms in my house) for years but have yet to decide on what shade of gray will best compliment your mismatched bed set. Since I have yet to make a decision and it looks unlikely that I will anytime soon, I decided it was time to put all the paint swatches I’ve acquired over the years to good use by creating an erasable calendar that might just help me get organized.
What you’ll need:
- A large frame
- Paint swatches (colors of your choice)
- Double sided tape or glue stick
- Poster board cut down to the size of your frame
- Dry erase markers and eraser
What to do:
- First, measure out the needed space to fit your calendar squares into your frame. You’ll need to fit a grid that is seven squares wide by five squares tall. Be sure to leave room at the top to add your month and day headers.
- Mark the spaces in pencil on the poster board. If you have extra space in your frame you can always add an additional column for notes.
- Once you know the size of each of your squares, cut your paint swatch colors down to match.
- To add a little fun to your layout you can cut seven extra squares of color then cut them in half to act as day headers.
- Layout color squares to match your grid and glue into place.
- Place the poster board into the frame (be sure to clean the glass inside well before closing).
- Use the dry erase markers to add the month and day headers as well as dates to each of your squares and you are ready to get organized!