Inspiration is everywhere and isn’t it handy that since the invention of Pinterest we can capture it all in one place? Now the trick is just picking a place to start in the endless pages of ideas and jump in with both feet. I found this fun project years ago but it got lost in the creative clutter. As I was digging for inspiration, there it was, just waiting to be tackled. Believe it or not, this DIY is simple, fun and adds a little extra organization to life — I’d say win, win, win! So get going — and just bowl with it!
What you’ll need
- Air dry clay
- Stamp or textured items (be creative!)
- Paint or ink pad (optional)
- A bowl for a mold
What to do
- Cut a chunk of the clay block and use a rolling pin to flatten the piece to your desired thickness.
- Use a stamp (with or without ink) to make impressions in the clay. Have fun with the pattern and design. Mix and match colors, patterns and layout to customize each bowl.
- Place your mold bowl over the clay face down and press down to “cut” through the clay. Pull away the excess clay.
- Flip your mold bowl over and gently pull up the clay. Place the final piece inside the mold bowl patterned side up to dry for 24 hours.
- Remove the bowl from the mold and flip it over on its face to make sure the bottom is completely dry.
- Once the clay has hardened completely, your cute little bowl is ready to catch keys, bobby pins, bracelets or really anything you have laying around your house!