Just bowl with it
Inspiration is everywhere and isn’t it handy that since the invention of Pinterest we can capture it all in one place? Now the trick is just picking a place to start in the endless pages of ideas and jump in with both feet. I found this fun project years ago but it got lost in the creative clutter. As I was digging for inspiration, there it was, just waiting to be tackled. Believe it or not, this DIY is simple, fun and adds a little extra organization to life — I’d say win, win, win! So get going — and just bowl with it!
What you’ll need
- Air dry clay
- Stamp or textured items (be creative!)
- Paint or ink pad (optional)
- A bowl for a mold
What to do
- Cut a chunk of the clay block and use a rolling pin to flatten the piece to your desired thickness.
- Use a stamp (with or without ink) to make impressions in the clay. Have fun with the pattern and design. Mix and match colors, patterns and layout to customize each bowl.
- Place your mold bowl over the clay face down and press down to “cut” through the clay. Pull away the excess clay.
- Flip your mold bowl over and gently pull up the clay. Place the final piece inside the mold bowl patterned side up to dry for 24 hours.
- Remove the bowl from the mold and flip it over on its face to make sure the bottom is completely dry.
- Once the clay has hardened completely, your cute little bowl is ready to catch keys, bobby pins, bracelets or really anything you have laying around your house!