History would suggest that Valentine’s Day didn’t start out as a romantic day filled with flowers, hearts and chocolate.
In fact, a quick search of the origins are actually a bit unromantic. But we’re going to toss all those theories out the window and focus on modern Valentine’s Day and on love of music. Music feeds the soul. It can bring you up when you’re down, relax you, motivate you and soothe you.
Romantic music? Well that’s a category all on its own. It’s the music that makes you remember a first crush, a first kiss or a wedding day. It can empower you and speak for you when you don’t have the right words.
We polled our CAWLM staff and readers on their favorite love songs of all time. Here are just 25 of the absolute favorites that made our list. Use them to create a romantic playlist that will make you fall in love with music all over again.
Songs our readers and staff love:
- “All Of Me” John Legend
- “As Time Goes By” Dooley Wilson
- “At Last” Etta James
- “Could I Have This Dance”Anne Murray
- “Endless Love” Lionel Richie/Diana Ross
- “I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You” Elvis Presley
- “I Choose You” Sara Bareilles
- “I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing” Aerosmith
- “If I Would Ever Leave You” Colm Wilkinson
- “I Will Always Love You” Dolly Parton/Whitney Houston
- “Faithfully” Journey
- “God Only Knows” Beach Boys
- “Just The Way You Are” Billy Joel
- “Lady” Kenny Rogers
- “Let’s Stay Together” Al Green
- “Make You Feel My Love” Adele
- “More Than Words” Extreme
- “Perfect” Ed Sheeran
- “Someone Like You” Van Morrison
- “Unchained Melody” Righteous Brothers
- “You Are So Beautiful” Joe Cocker
- “Your Song” Elton John
- “Yours” Russell Dickerson
- “When A Man Loves A Woman” Persey Sledge/Michael Bolton
- “Wonderful Tonight” Eric Clapton