If you didn’t know that about me, you do now. I take on projects when I shouldn’t and spend more time working than playing. I thought I’d get better when I became a mother, but I just “managed” my life in a way that enabled me to continue doing it. There’s another thing you should know about me: I love food. No really, I love, love, love food. So, for someone like me, the holiday season comes with two serious challenges: weight gain and being overcommitted. But seriously, can you blame me? How can one resist:
- A tryptophan-induced coma followed by an assortment of pies and sides
- Hosting a fancy-schmancy party (ugly sweaters encouraged)
- Chocolate-mint anything
- Writing jobs while on vacation
- Wassail and “friendship” bread
- Joining committees or volunteering over the holidays
- Cider in its many forms (cider donuts included)
- Did I mention I’m obsessed with chocolate and mint?
Suban Nur Cooley
Suban Nur Cooley is a young communications professional and writer in the Greater Lansing region, who currently works for Capital Gains and the Refugee Development Center. She is also a proud Australian expatriate and Lansing homeowner.