Looking for a creative, custom gift? Think ahead to 2018 with a custom desk calendar. It’s so easy to do and with the very personal touch of adding photographs — it’s sure to be a gift appreciated for the entire year. The fun part of this project is that you can use items you already have in your craft bin to embellish the calendar, if you choose.
What you’ll need
- Wood block in any size suitable for a desk, just make sure it can stand on its own.
- Clipboard clips
- Glue gun
- Sand your surface lightly if needed and add any color paint or stain.
- Glue your clipboard clips wherever you choose. I kept mine closer to the left side of the square so if I decided to embellish on the right with a decorative object, I could.
- I used the free online website Canva and uploaded my favorite Facebook images of my gift recipient, as well as a calendar template. I sized the calendar and image in a 5×7 block and printed them at a local printer.
- I simply hung the prints from the clips, and voila!
- I plan to finish the piece with a burlap bow or a jeweled accent in the upper right corner for an added touch. Using items that I already had, this project costs less than $15.