I’m often given items that people believe could be made into a cool craft. This time I was given a heavy-duty poster tube. I had countless ideas for this but decided this time I wanted to make something for my home.
What you’ll need
- Hot-glue gun and glue
- A large, long container like a poster tube or two large oatmeal containers
- Long branches or other items to stick in the finished vase
What to do
- If you are using two large oatmeal containers instead of a single long tube, you will want to cut off the end of one. Take that container and glue it on top of the other container, creating one long open container. If you have trouble gluing them together, packaging tape or duct tape can be used.
- Starting at the top of your tube, place a dot of hot glue and place the end of your twine in it. You will have to let it dry for a moment. Without pulling too hard, start wrapping the twine around the tube. Add glue spots here and there on the container as you are wrapping to make it more secure.
- When you finish wrapping the twine, secure the end with hot glue.
- There are many things you can place in your vase. Finding dry branches in the yard is the easiest. I added paper hearts to mine to make it go with the season. If you add rocks or pebbles to the bottom of your container, it will make it harder to knock over and easier to stick your items into it.