My mom and I have been trying to find a creative use for my grandma’s old china for years. With an incomplete set and sentimental value, selling wasn’t an option; however, creating something out of the pieces was always on our minds. We finally took the leap this summer and committed to creating updated serving dishes, jewelry holders and organizational pieces out of the much-loved pieces. Now we can enjoy them on a daily basis and use them in much more practical ways at family gatherings. We hope you find a little inspiration and maybe find a new use for something you’ve always loved. Happy crafting!
What you’ll need
- Plates and bowls of desired sizes and design
- Spacers – be creative! (We used small vases, but cups, candle holders or stacked items that provide stability will work)
- E6000 glue in a clear finish
What to do
- Clean all items thoroughly with hot soapy water and wait till dried thoroughly
- Play with arrangements, try a few different sized plates together. Play with stacking bowls on top or off-centered. Be sure not to stack items too high or in a way that will create a lack of balance.
- Place a glue at the base of your first space and start to stack using glue to adhere each dish and spacer. Give each layer a chance to dry before you move to the next.
- Dry thoroughly for at least 24 hours before use. Always hand wash.
- Optional: Add beads, marbles or in empty vase spacers to add a little extra detail!