I was recently looking for something decorative to put on one of our kitchen shelves and came up with a great solution that was super easy and inexpensive.
This month’s DIY quick craft is a frame lantern. When it comes to crafting, finding the time can be a challenge — this lantern took me less than five minutes and cost about five bucks to make!
What you need
- Four picture frames (I used 4×6 frames, however, you can also use four 8 x 10 frames to make a larger lantern)
- Hot glue gun
- Hot glue sticks
- Battery operated candle or votive holder and candle
What to do
- Remove the backing on all frames. You’ll only use the frames and glass inserts
- Hot glue the glass inserts to the picture frames (use a small amount)
- Glue the edge of each picture frame together to form a box (the top and bottom will be open)
You can keep the picture frame inserts and insert a photo or add vinyl clings to the glass for a decorative holiday piece. If you have time, you can also paint the frame holders.