There are quite a few stores or at-home parties you can participate in to create the perfect wood pallet sign. I’ve done both and they are a lot of fun. You get the wood pallet and can pick from a variety of shapes, wood stains and paints. They will also provide you with your sticker stencil for your preferred design, but even without their professional assistance, you can find a way to try it at home! So, if you’re feeling daring, give it a try!
What you’ll need
- Stencil – find at any craft store or freehand your design! Or if you can print your own sticker stencils, then you’re all set!
- Stain and a rag
- Paint brushes
- Hardware for hanging
- Buy wood planks from a hardware store. Or, for an easier option, purchase pre-made wood from a craft store. You can get them in different shapes.
- Drill together to create your board, unless you’ve purchased an already-made board.
- Stain or paint the background and let dry.
- Purchase a stencil online or freehand your own drawing.
- Tape stencil down with painter’s tape and carefully paint your desired colors. Try dabbing the paint softly by the corners of the stencil so it does not bleed through and use a soft stroke around the edge when you are finished painting.
- Let completely dry. If you have more stencils, then keep going until you’re finished. Once the paint has dried, you can layer the stencil images so they overlap, as well to create the perfect picture.
- Attach hardware.