It is easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle this time of year. With the holiday season starting off as a race we are constantly on the go. In between the gift giving, give yourself a little treat.
Have you inherited a piece of jewelry that you are unsure what to do with? Or do you have something you’d like to change or update for a new look? Take an older piece of jewelry and create a new vision for something fresh and new, just for you! A professional jeweler can help breathe new life into an old piece, or take a cherished memory and make it match your current style. You can simply update a piece or enhance an existing piece with additional metal or jewels. The possibilities are endless. Here are a few tips and suggestions to keep in mind before you jump in:
- Decide what piece of jewelry has potential to change based on what you want
- Think about what you will get the most use out of. If you’re not crazy about rings, take the gem out and use it in a necklace or earring design
- Meet with the jeweler to see what your options are
- Talk about what will best display your stones or what would be the best use of the metals you have
- Review existing pieces at the jewelry store for inspiration
- Consider adding a little extra to the piece to make it your own
- Review the renderings that the jeweler provides carefully to ensure the final piece is something you’ll love
Turning something old into something new can be an exciting and a rewarding process. Once you start to look at hand-me-down jewelry or something you already wear, you’ll begin to see the possibilities of what it can become. So spend a little time this season and recreate a little something shiny you’ll love all year long!