Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
Have you ever searched for weeks looking for the perfect picture or mirror for your home? If so, this month’s DIY Quick Craft has the solution for your hard-to-find perfect mirror.
With this month’s theme being “Bright and Beautiful,” I decided to create a decorative mirror for you to see your beauty each day. This craft is quick, fun and inexpensive.
If you don’t have a plain mirror at home you can find all the supplies you need with a quick trip to your local dollar store and the hardware store. Now, you are ready to transform a plain mirror to a beautiful custom-made mirror for a specific room in your house.
If you know of someone moving into a new home or redecorating a room in their home this would also make a thoughtful gift.
I would love to see your finished Quick Craft. If you create this craft or any of the crafts featured in the DIY Quick Craft feature, please take a picture and email it to me at email@example.com
- Plain square mirror (purchased at local dollar store, make sure the trim surrounding the mirror is as flat as possible)
- Glass tile sheets (Purchased at hardware store. I used a 12×13 inch sheet for a 10×13 inch mirror. If using a larger mirror more tile will be needed)
- Adhesive (I used Liquid Nails Glue)
- Super Glue
- 5 min: Pull tiles off netting sheet.
- 15 min: Line up the tiles to fit around the mirror. I did three rows of tile per side.
- 10 min: Glue each tile piece starting on the outside of the trim.
- 2 min: Add drops of super glue in the corners of the tiles.
- 1-2 hours: Let dry completely.
Tags: DIY, Quick Craft
Jennifer Hodges is a Southern belle at heart, however, she does bleed green. A native of North Carolina, she has lived in Michigan since 1998. When not crafting, Jennifer is the Media Director at M3 Group. She loves spending time with her family, camping and singing lots of karaoke.