6 Social Media Heroes of #MeetMichigan
As the unofficial travel columnist for CAWLM, it seemed only fitting that I would travel with Motion Marketing & Media on an 11-day, 83-county road trip to visit businesses and tourist destinations across our great mitten state.
The purpose of the “#MeetMichigan with @m3_group” road trip was simple: to promote positivity in Michigan through the use of social media. We tweeted, Facebooked and blogged from every corner of the state, from Tuesday, June 28 to Friday, July 8, all in the name of sharing the great things happening in our own backyards.
Beyond the positive business climate, cheerful Michiganders and beautiful scenery, we found some great social media connections along the trip. So, this month’s column is dedicated the top six social media heroes from #MeetMichigan … we couldn’t have done it without you.
Note: all of the aforementioned names can be found on Twitter by adding their name after “www.twitter.com/” i.e. “www.twitter.com/AwesomeMitten.” For more information on #MeetMichigan with @m3_group, please visit www.m3group.biz.
- @LansingChamber — From the launch to the wrap-up, the Chamber has been a great supporter of the trip. We can’t say enough about their hometown love and social media savvy; we’re proud to be a member!
- @AwesomeMitten — Awesome Mitten was instrumental in helping us connect with locals across the state to find the finest fare and best local businesses — thanks to Alex Beaton for being #MeetMichigan’s No. 1 cheerleader.
- @TCTweetUp — #MeetMichigan had a great time connecting with businesses in Traverse City on day 3 of the trip. Thanks to the Traverse City Tweet Up for letting us crash the party, we had a great time.
- @PureMichigan — With more than 16,000 followers this well known #MeetMichigan supporter really put our faces (and love for Michigan) out to the masses.
- @RockRiverCafe — From a tiny little town in the U.P., this Chatham-based business proves that social media can boost businesses great and small. We love their positivity and hometown pride.
- @WritingRenee — This Pennsylvania-based blogger shared the #MeetMichigan message on National Social Media Day (June 30) on the Business2Community blog. Her out-of-state support proves that positive messages aren’t just for Michiganders … everyone loves a good story.
Tags: #MeetMichigan, road trips, social media, tourism, travel