What you’ll need
- Jeans with pockets (any denim pants, shorts or jacket will work)
- Fabric paint
- Masking or painter’s tape
- Paint palette or paper plate
- Cup with water (to rinse brushes while working)
- Paper towels or a rag (to clean brushes while working)
- Chalk (optional)
What to do
- Come up with an idea to paint on the jean pocket. It could be flowers, clouds, rainbows, animals or cartoon characters. The options are endless.
- Place tape around the jean pocket to keep unwanted paint away from areas it shouldn’t go.
- Chalk can be used to plan out the design on the pocket before painting.
- Begin painting.
- Allow the denim to dry completely before removing tape.
- Apply added coats of paint as needed