- 1 package, dry yeast Dissolve in ¼-cup warm water and ½-teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾-cup, warm milk
- 4 cups, all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon, salt
- 2 tablespoons, sugar
- 1 cup, margarine or butter
- 1 (12.5 ounces) can, almond pastry filling
- Add egg and milk to yeast mixture. Set aside.
- Combine dry ingredients and cut in margarine until it becomes a coarse mixture. Add liquid mixture and mix just until all is dampened. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Divide the dough into two parts. Roll each into a 14-inch-by-16-inch rectangle. Spread each with half of the almond filling. Fold in sides and ends. Let rise until double.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Glaze with a powdered-sugar glaze while still warm