Painting plain flower pots is a fun way to add an extra touch to your space. They make for great gifts and can easily be done by all ages.
What you’ll need
- Terra-cotta pot
- Outdoor paint
- Paint brushes
- Cup of water
- Paper towels (for clean-up)
- Plants (flowers or succulents)
What to do
- Prep the terra-cotta pot by cleaning it. Making sure there is no dust or anything else on it.
- Paint the pot using an outdoor paint. I used DecoArt patio paint that I found at a local craft store. A simple acrylic paint will work, as well. The ideas are endless of what could be painted on the pot. Simple patterns of dots and lines work great. Want something a little bit more creative? Purchase templates or freehand a piece of one-of-a-kind art onto the pot.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- When the pot is dry it is time to seal it. I used Clay Pot Sealer spray that I found at another local craft store. A clear acrylic spray would work, as well.
- Once the pot is completely dry, add flowers or succulents to finish off the look.