What’s my favorite type of entertainment? Whether it’s a frosty birthday gathering in December or a sunny soiree in August, my answer is simple — I love a good party.
Since I’ve been in Lansing, my festive and crafty friends have bumped up my enthusiasm for themed get-togethers, and it’s no surprise that another creative opportunity is coming up this month.
Our friend Julie Becker will soon be headed for the Creative Circus in Atlanta, Ga., so Dottie and I have been dreaming up a suitable send-off. We needed decorations that captured the bold and playful circus vibe, so I got to work on some bunting and vases for our venue. Whether you’re planning a celebration for your favorite ringmaster or someone else special, I hope you’ll enjoy these party decoration tips!
Supplies: An iron, cardboard, scissors (or rotary cutter), fabric, ribbon, pins, sewing machine (a needle and thread or fabric glue will also work!)
1. Iron your fabric to create smooth surface to work with
2. Use a cardboard template to trace triangles on the fabric.
3. Cut out the triangles using scissors or a rotary cutter.
4. Pin triangles to ribbon so that they don’t move while sewing. Skip step if you’re using glue.
5. Sew or glue the triangles onto the ribbon. This project gave me the chance to get more sewing practice on a simple project!