There isn’t always time to create fancy pastries for your valentine. This recipe for two-ingredient chocolate fondue is easy, works with lots of different foods and is something you can enjoy making with the kids.
- 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups of milk-chocolate chips
- Fresh strawberries or marshmallows
Put the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips in a small saucepan. Place over low to medium heat and stir with a large spoon until chips are melted and the mixture is smooth and creamy. Remove from heat and put into a small serving bowl. Place a strawberry and/or marshmallow onto the end of a wooden skewer and dip into the chocolate. To keep the fondue from getting too hard, stir the mixture about every five minutes with a small spoon. Store covered in the fridge. If you need to reheat, put in the microwave and heat in 15- to 20-second intervals until the mixture becomes smooth and creamy again!
Hints and Tips
- When working with kids, use toothpicks and a lower volume of chocolate in the bowl.
- The chocolate is quite warm, but simply turning your fruits or treats in the chocolate by hand gives a nice coating so that you don’t have to use a skewer.
- The world is your oyster! Dip almost anything, including pretzel rods, apples, granola bars and more.
- Fruit should be as cold as possible for setting up a hard coating.