From the Kitchen of Cathy Blatnik
- ½ cup margarine
- ½ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Spray a jelly roll pan (11-inches by 17-inches) with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan or small stockpot, add margarine, light brown sugar, vanilla extract, peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- On low to medium heat and using a large spoon, stir constantly until all ingredients are melted and combined together. Remove from heat and spread evenly in the jelly roll pan.
- In your microwave or in a small saucepan, melt the chocolate chips. Pour melted chocolate chips over the mixture in the jelly roll pan and spread evenly.
- Put into fridge for one hour. If you let the “treats” come almost to room temperature they are easier to cut into bars, squares or whatever shape you want! Store covered in the fridge.
Cathy is originally from Maryland, but has been living in the Midwest for more than 13 years. She has been "retired" from the paid workforce since 1996 to raise her family, which includes her husband, adult stepson, an adult daughter in college and a son in middle school. She has been baking and cooking for as long as she can remember in "Cathy's Kitchen". She is very excited to be able to share her recipes with other home cooks!