From the Kitchen of Cathy Blatnik
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lemon lime soda (any brand), room temperature
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 9 ½-inch round pan with non-stick cooking spray (if you don’t have that size pan, use an 8 or 9-inch round pan).
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and shortening. Mix well with a large spoon. When combined thoroughly, gently fold in sour cream and lemon lime soda.
- On a lightly floured surface, take the dough and knead it 20 to 25 times with the palms of your hands, until it’s about a ½ inch thick. I used a 3-inch round biscuit cutter and was able to get 11 biscuits out of that dough. If you use a smaller biscuit cutter, you will be able to make more.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the biscuits start to turn brown on the top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cool for about five minutes.