Looking for a tasty dessert to serve over the holiday season but tired of serving pumpkin pie? Trifles are always fun since you can see the ingredients through the bowl, and it’s easy to switch out ingredients to your tastes! Here’s an idea that will leave your guests begging for another serving. Serves 8-10.
- Glass trifle bowl
- 16-ounce package gingersnap cookies
- 14-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15-ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Gallon-size zippered plastic bag
- Put gingersnaps in gallon-size zippered plastic bag. Using the tool of your choice, crush into bite-sized pieces and set aside
- Put cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract, pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add together the whipping cream and powdered sugar. Use an electric mixer to mix the cream and sugar until stiff peaks form (5 minutes or more) and set aside.
- Start adding ingredients to your trifle bowl one at a time, starting with 1/3 of the crushed cookies, then 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture, and then 1/3 of whipped cream.
- Repeat until the trifle bowl is full, (your last layer should be whipped cream), and top with remaining crushed gingersnaps.
- Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until serving.
Find more of Cathy’s recipes here: https://onthemenutodayatcathyskitchen.blogspot.com