By Winner Krysta Michorczyk
Makes 6 servings
Prep and cook time 30 minutes
1 1/2 garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 cups chopped tomatoes without seeds
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2-3/4 tsp. dried basil
Pinch of pepper
24 frozen mini phyllo tart shells
Parmesan cheese flakes
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. In a skillet, sauté garlic in olive oil until it begins to brown. Add tomatoes and cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
3. Remove the skillet from heat and stir in the mozzarella, dried basil and pinch of pepper.
4. Place tart shells on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 5 minutes.
5. Spoon mixture into warm tart shells.
6. Place a flake of parmesan cheese in each tart to finish it off.
To be a winner of a future Recipe of the Month, submit your recipe here.