Recipe of the Month: Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
From the kitchen of Carli Morris, of Lansing
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 1 lb chicken breasts (about two), cut into one-inch cubes
- 6 flour tortillas (burrito sized)
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 pint whipping cream
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook chicken in one tablespoon of oil until no longer pink. Add Rotel and cook for one minute. Add cream cheese and stir constantly until melted.
Spoon mixture into center of tortillas (about two spoonfuls per tortilla). Roll up tortillas and place seam side down in a 9×13 baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray.
Drizzle whipping cream over tortillas, then sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
Uncover and bake for another 10 minutes or until cheese is nice and bubbly.
Serve with a side of rice and a black bean and avocado salad.
Tags: Creamy chicken enchiladas, recipe of the month