- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (for best results, buy a chunk and grate cheese yourself) (important is the equal distribution in 1/3 of each ingredient, you choose how much)
- 1 egg yolk
- spices of your choice (basil, caraway seeds, sesame seeds, curry, lemon pepper, poppy seeds, etc.)
- In a medium bowl mix melted butter, flour, and cheese. Form the dough into a ball, and let sit in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Flour your work space and roll the dough 1/2 inch thick. Use any little cookie cutter, and put the crackers on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Brush the unbaked crackers with yolk and sprinkle spices on them.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are light brown. Let them cool down before you serve, and enjoy!