Are you hosting a lot of parties this holiday season? Did you serve potato chips and had just a few scraps left in the bottom of the bag? Here is a great way to use them up. Yep, these cookies have crushed potato chips in them — it sounds unusual, but they are really, really good!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup white flour
- 2/3 cup plain potato chips, finely crushed
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- White or colored sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, put the butter, white sugar, light brown sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
- With electric mixer or large spoon, mix until smooth.
- Add the white flour and mix until well combined.
- Add the potato chips and chocolate chips and combine thoroughly, by hand with a large spoon and other ingredients.
- Roll into 24 balls with the palms of your hands, a little smaller than a ping pong ball.
- Put 12 balls each on two ungreased cookie sheets. Press with the bottom of a drinking glass with your fingertips slightly.
- Sprinkle the tops of the cookies lightly with white or colored sugar.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are starting to turn lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let them sit for five minutes on the cookie sheets. Move to wire rack to finish cooling.
Yields two dozen