CAWLM loves the holiday season, and trying Christmas recipes is one of our favorite pastimes! We found one on Cooking Classy that we just had to try. This delicious twist on cheesecake with a cookie crust put us in the holiday spirit!
- 18 crushed Oreo cookies
- 21⁄2tablespoon butter, melted and divided
- Two 8-ounce packages softened cream cheese
- 1⁄4-cup and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 11⁄3cups white chocolate chips
- 1⁄3cup heavy cream
- 25 small fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Line an 8-inch-by-8-inch baking dish with two sheets of foil (one vertical, one horizontal and hanging over the pan while molded well to pan) and brush foil with ½-tablespoon melted butter.
- In mixing bowl, use a fork to blend crushed Oreos and 2 tablespoons of melted butter until well combined and moist.
- Press firmly into bottom of baking dish and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer on medium-low and blend cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and blend.
- In separate bowl, microwave white chocolate chips with 1⁄3-cup heavy cream on 50 percent power in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted. Then pour into cream cheese mixture and blend on low until combined. Tap bowl several times to release air bubbles and then pour into prepared crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Turn oven off and allow cheesecake to rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 30 minutes. Then freeze for 3 hours. Once chilled, remove from freezer and lift from pan using foil overhang.
- Cut into squares, top and place cut strawberry on top. Pipe with icing to make it appear like a Santa hat and serve.