This fun back-to-school project can be done with the kids or on your own. They make a great treat to take to school as well.
- 14.1-ounce package vanilla sugar wafers
- 1 cup white candy melts
● 1 cup pink candy melts
- 30 chocolate chips
● Using a sharp knife, cut one end of 30 vanilla sugar wafers so each resembles the point of a pencil. Place on a large cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Melt the white candy melts in a small bowl in the microwave until smooth.
● Dip the pointed end of the vanilla sugar wafer in the white candy melts and place on the parchment paper.
- Place a chocolate chip on the “point.” Let dry.
- In a small bowl, slowly melt the pink candy melts in the microwave until smooth.
- Dip the other end of the vanilla sugar wafer in the pink candy melts and place on the parchment paper to dry.
- Keep covered at room temperature.
Makes 2 ½ dozen “pencilsˮ