I’m all for soaking up as much post-work and weekend sun as possible, so when it’s beautiful outside, I get excited about outdoor dining possibilities. After all, when summer’s here, I want to get out of the house and enjoy the friends who make these months so perfect!
So, in the spirit of easy entertaining and finding new uses for things I already have on hand, I’m putting a bold, little drink cart I recently purchased into use as a drinks and snack station for my next backyard barbecue.
By adding a selection of simple snacks, individual Mason jar drinks and some complementary pieces from around my house, I think I’ve tackled the problem of making too many trips to and from the kitchen.
BACKYARD BEVIES & SNACKS
SUPPLIES: Mason jars and lids, fabric, scissors, drink supplies, ice bucket, ice, skewers, pretzels, cheese, summer sausage and veggies.
- Trace circles that are slightly larger than your Mason jar lids on pieces of colorful fabric and cut them out.
- Prepare your drink of choice in a small Mason jar. I used sparkling lemonade with berries and lime for one option and sangria with oranges and limes for the other.
- Top your jar with the center of the Mason jar lid, add fabric and then screw on the lid’s outer ring.
- Chill your Mason jar drinks in an ice bucket until ready to serve.
- For snack ideas, think of cheese, meat and veggie combos you can skewer for easy serving. Add pretzels, crackers and other favorite snacks.
Tags: DIY, summer dining