On a daily basis, I typically think of maybe 20 things I would love to be doing. And our “would love to be doings” don’t always turn into our “must dos.” When I am able to accomplish one of these fleeting thoughts, it is almost always because it made it to one of my lists.
Turning my thoughts into a visualization helps me follow it through. This wall art/idea board/goal catcher can put our ideas in front of us every day and remind us to do what we love.
- 3 various sized wooden embroidery circles (mine were a Goodwill find!)
- Embroidery thread, colors to your liking
- Beads, feathers, flowers, pictures
- Paper and pen
- Hangers (I used safety pins, binder clips and paper clips)
- Drill and 1/6” bit
Tip: Tying those knots while keeping the thread taut is tricky. When pulling the thread through the circle leave enough slack on either side.
- Drill holes through side of embroidery circle.
- Use needle to pull embroidery thread across circle in various directions. String beads on thread between one side of the circle and the other.
- Hang circles on wall.
- Create notes to hang between threading. Get creative here. These written notes represent something that is important to you — so the more personal, the better. I used a sweet, old typewriter that a friend lent to me. Handwritten, stamped — whatever you like.
- Decorate the threading with your feathers, flowers or pictures.
Tags: DIY, Goal Catcher