Sure, it’s a holiday tradition to leave cookies for Santa, but just imagine how many cookies he gets. Maybe, just maybe, he’d like something a little different.
We invited our resident baker Cathy Blatnik to the CAWLM Kitchen to whip up something a little different that Santa may like to see left out on Christmas Eve. And sure, make some for your holiday company as well!
Sour Cream Biscotti
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups white flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4-ounce Baker’s Premium White Chocolate Baking Bar
- Candy canes crushed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with a large spoon until smooth.
- Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well again.
- On a lightly floured board (about one tablespoon of flour), divide the dough in half and then shape each half into a loaf that is 12 inches long and 5 inches across.
- Place one half on each of the cookie sheets and bake for 25 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them sit on the cookie sheets for 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each loaf into 12 equal slices and place cut side down.
- Bake for another 10 minutes and then turn each slice over and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and then place on wire rack to continue cooling. Makes 24.
For topping, melt Baker’s White Chocolate Premium Baking Bar and drizzle on biscotti. Sprinkle on crushed candy cane.
Enjoy, and visit Cathy’s blog for more!