The 50th annual East Lansing Art Festival took place the weekend of May 18-19 in East Lansing. The weather may have played a few games, but it didn’t stop the mission of the festival, which is “to enhance the sense of community and appreciation of art, culture and creativity in East Lansing.”
Having taken place for decades, the festival has grown each year and brings hundreds of artists and crafters to East Lansing for an unforgettable event that attracts thousands of attendees and celebrates fine art and fine crafts. The event has also grown to include children’s art, educational activities, demonstrations, poetry readings and live music.
The annual event is a juried fine art festival for artists who create original works of art in categories from mixed media to ceramics, digital art, fiber art and more. Entrants apply by submitting images of their work and meet eligibility standards.
The 2019 winners are:
- People’s Choice (City of East Lansing Purchase) Award – Darren Jones for 2D mixed media (pictured above)
- MSUFCU Purchase Award – Mia Serafini for painting
- Campus Town Mall Honorary Award – Taylor Mazer for drawing
- Warmels Comstock Honorary Award – Daniel Juzwiak for precious jewelry
- DCMI (Dave Courey) Photography Award – Kate Tillman for photography
- Redhead Design Studio Honorary Award (Jennifer Estill) – Alynn Guerra for prints
- Raymond King Award for Painting (James Strouse) – Gina Krawez for painting
- Saper Galleries Honorary Award (Roy Saper) – Adam Egenolf for functional ceramics
A total of $6,000 was awarded to this year’s winners. For more information on the East Lansing Art Festival, visit elartfest.com.