The grill is not just for hot dogs and hamburgers. Move aside classic dishes and try something new! There are so many things you can put on the grill to bring the natural and delicious flavors out. Often we forget how many foods we can put right on the grill top! Here are some fresh ideas!
- Shrimp: Grill the shrimp to get the beautiful charred flavors on the skin and make a taco out of it. Get some grill marks on the tortilla to bring out the flavors as well.
- Salmon: People often grill fish. Cedar plank salmon brings out some beautiful smoky flavors of the fish. You won’t need to add much to the salmon, the cedar plank and grill flames will do most of the work.
- Grilling pizza is the easiest way to get that nice crisp crust and extra flavor.
- Peaches: Grill them as just a side dish or use in a dessert with vanilla bean ice cream! Peaches grilled on the burner alone are a sweet treat to add as your entrée’s side.
- Pineapple: This is excellent thrown on a grill top! This makes a great single side dish. Or, place it on a burger, any poultry or with seafood.
- Watermelon: Grilled watermelon pairs very nicely with goat cheese. Let the watermelon get grill marks and then cool and toss it in a watermelon and goat cheese salad.
- Sweet potatoes: Stay away from the classic baked potato and spring for something new. Put it on the grill and sweeten the flavors!
Split the banana down the middle and add marshmallows and chocolate chips. Wrap up in foil and put on the grill. Cook until melted. Carefully open, add crumbled graham crackers and you’ve finished your banana s’more!