If you’re looking for a hearty fall meat-and-potatoes dish, this is the recipe for you. I found this recipe while looking for something new for dinner. I looked at a few different dishes that were similar, but didn’t quite like the entire recipe so I added my own spices and veggetables to the recipe. I wasn’t expecting too much, but it turned out to be delicious. The versatility of the recipe is the best part because you can tailor it to suit for specific tastes. Enjoy!
6 medium red potatoes, cubed
1 medium onion, diced
1 package precooked kielbasa, sliced
1 teaspoon of dried oregano
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon of dried parsley
1 teaspoon of dried thyme
1 teaspoon of dried garlic
1 teaspoon of dried paprika
¼ teaspoon of salt and pepper
3 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of asparagus, cut in 1¼-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cover a cookie sheet in parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy cleaning later.
- In a large bowl, mix the potatoes, half of the cut onion, 1 teaspoon of olive oil and half of the seasoning. Set the other half of the onion and seasoning aside.
- Spread mixture onto cookie sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- While your mixture is baking, mix kielbasa and asparagus with the rest of the spice mixture, onion and 1 teaspoon of olive oil.
- After 25 minutes is up, mix in the seasoned asparagus and sausage on your cookie sheet. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the sausage and veggies and place back in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.