Calling all peanut butter lovers! As you begin your holiday baking, we’ve got a treat for you – a recipe for no-bake chocolate peanut butter pie bars. The recipe comes from Food Network’s Ree Drummond, also known as The Pioneer Woman. We just had to give this recipe a try, and it did not disappoint. These bars are easy, delicious, and most importantly, they’re peanut buttery!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 30 Oreo cookies
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 16 oz. (two packages) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 12 ounces Cool Whip (or any whipped topping brand of your choice)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- optional: halved Oreo cookies and mini Reese’s cups
- To make the chocolate crust, line a 13x9in. pan with foil making sure to extend the foil outside of the ends of the pan for easy removal later. Pulse the Oreos in a food processor or blender until fine, and then add the melted butter and pulse again until fully combined. Press the cookie mixture into the pan and store in the freezer while you make the filling.
- To make the filling, beat the peanut butter and cream cheese in a large bowl until smooth. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt, and beat again. Fold in the whipped topping with a rubber spatula until everything is smooth and combined. Remove the crust from the freezer and spread the filling evenly over the crust. Chill the pie in the fridge for at least two hours before topping and serving.
- For the topping, simply combine the semi-sweet chocolate and peanut butter in a medium bowl, and heat the cream over medium heat in a saucepan on the stove. Once the cream has come to a simmer, pour it over the chocolate and peanut butter, let it sit for 3-5 minutes, then stir until smooth and melted. Once it has cooled down, but is still pourable, drizzle the chocolate mixture over the pie. Add your additional Oreo’s and Reese’s cups to the top, cut into squares, serve and enjoy!