September means the beginning of fall, and since it’s our favorite season here at Capital Area Women’s Lifestyle, we have decided to make our September Cocktail of the month something seasonal to get you in the mood for autumn! This month, we’re obsessed with all things apple (go figure), but this Spiced Cider Margarita is the perfect drink for that transition time from summer to autumn.
– 5 oz. spiced apple cider
– ½ teaspoon lemon juice
– .5 oz. Grand Marnier
– 1.5 oz. mescal or gold tequila
For garnish (optional):
– 2 tablespoons brown sugar
– 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– Cinnamon sticks
– Apple slices
1. Start by rimming the glass. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Pour a splash of Grand Mariner into a separate bowl. Dip the rim of the glass in the Grand Marnier to moisten it and immediately dip the glass in the cinnamon brown sugar – this should be enough for 4-5 cocktail glasses.
2. Fill a blender with ice. Combine spiced apple cider, lemon juice and mescal (or Gold Tequila) and pour over the ice into the blender. Blend until slushed.
3. Pour drink into the rimmed cocktail glasses and serve (garnish with a cinnamon stick, apple slice and ground cinnamon if you like).
Photos by: Erika Hodges