If you’re looking to spice up a gathering or just want to have fun with your significant other or kids, then get in the kitchen and make some hot chocolate! Find some fun recipes to make a hot chocolate bar and keep it as lively or as simple as you want with the ingredients — even put out an option for the adults to spike the fun!
Unique and fun hot chocolate ideas:
- White hot chocolate: 1/3 cup of milk, 1 cup of half-and-half or heavy cream, 8 ounces of quality white chocolate chips chopped, 1½ teaspoon of vanilla and pinch of salt
- Candy Cane: 4 cups of milk, 8 ounces of white chocolate chips chopped, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and more or less a ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract for a peppermint taste
- Red Velvet: 1 cup of whole milk, 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1 cup of bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolates chopped, 1½ teaspoon of red food coloring and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pumpkin Spice: 2 cups of milk, ½ teaspoon of vanilla, ¾ teaspoon of cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, ½ cup of pumpkin puree, 1/8 teaspoon of ginger powder and 2 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Caramel: ½ cup of milk, 5 ounces of milk chocolate chipped, ¼ cup of heavy cream and 3 tablespoons of caramel sauce
- Peanut butter: 1 cup of skim milk, ½ cup of heavy cream, 4 ounces of milk chocolates chopped and ¼ cup of creamy peanut butter
- Lavender white: 1 cup of whole milk, ¼ teaspoon of lavender buds and ½ cup of white chocolate chips
- Orange: 1 cup of milk, ½ tablespoon of grated orange zest and 2 ounces of dark chocolate
No matter your favorite flavor, warm up during the winter months with these sweet treats by your side!